The second consultation
The second consultation takes place shortly after the examination of your case by the multi-disciplinary committee, with the surgeon who had received you during the first consultation.
What are the aims of the second consultation?
- To tell you the conclusions and recommendations of the medical committee and explain what they mean for you
- If surgery is planned, to check that you are fully informed about the technique, the risks, the expected benefits, the post-operative follow-ups etc. Any questions you may have will be answered at this time
- To collect your informed consent for the operation
- To give you practical and administrative information about your hospitalisation (details of appointment with the anaesthetist, application for prior consent from the French national health service, your room booking at the clinic)
- To schedule the date of the operation